EMR Vehicle Installations
- Braking frequency is increasing year-on-year. With more traffic and
under-investment on road infrastrucuture this problem will only
- More braking leads to higher brake temperatures. Higher brake temperatures lead to increased cost and risk. An EMR brake system reduces this cost and risk.
For a specific quotation please fill in the Installation Document and send it to us at email@example.com fax us on +44 (0) 1327 651188 call us on +44 (0) 1327 828722
Currently EMR brake systems are installed on the majority of the front-line UK Ambulance fleets, city buses, airport transfer buses, refuse collection trucks, recovery vehicles, cash-carrying vehicles and vehicles that are used in hilly regions with high braking conditions.
- EMR brake systems operates with no wearing parts and without friction.
- Brake service life is greatly increased, generating savings on maintenance over many years of vehicle operation: increasing the service life of all brake parts 4- to 8-fold.
- Vehicles spend less time in the workshop and more time on the road.
- By reducing the heat radiated by the brakes it reduces damage to the tyre walls, allow ing a re-tread .
- By improving the braking feel of the vehicle, average speeds can be increased by up to 10%.
- EMR brake systems provide an exceptional level of driving comfort that is appreciated by both drivers and passengers.
- The silent, smooth and progressive operation of the Telma system contributes to a level of comfort unequalled by any other system.
- It requires no special driver training and it is ideal for all types of operations.
- The retarder operates throughout the deceleration phase - right down to a complete standstill - and its performance is excellent even at the lowest road speeds.
- This low speed performance is a major benefit in low speed, stop-go operations such as city transport, municipal services and refuse collection.
- EMR brake systems response is almost instantaneos, meaning it is immediately available when you want it and immediately switched-off when not required (meaning no Retarder-brake lag as experienced with hydraulic systems).
- The Telma retarder plays an essential role in vehicle safety; handling some 8 out of 10 braking operations, the Telma ensures the service brakes are cool and efficient at all times for emergency braking.
- Not only does it avoid overheating of brakes during long downhill descents, the Telma is permanently linked to the road wheels - ensuring that braking is available even when the vehicle is in neutral.
- It allows gear down-shifting without any risk of "losing" the gears.
- It is chosen as a safety device on over 60% of coaches with manual gear-boxes in Europe.
- The electromagnetic operating principle gives almost instantaneous response times, making it fully compatible for use with ABS or EBS systems, and hence guaranteeing maximum safety at all times.